Definition – “Direct Questioning by any DOD personnel of a captured or detained person to obtain time-sensitive tactical intelligence, at or near the point of capture or detention & consistent w/applicable law.”
Step 1: Write down: who, what, where, when, why, how, what else.
Step 2: Identify who you know and who is watching (target audience)
Use Basic Interrogations
- Who are you?
- What are you trying to find out?
- Where are you going?
- Where are you?
- Where are they?
- When will you get there?
- When will they get there?
- When will this be over?
- Why are you here?
- What are you doing?
- What else can you tell me?
Use Open Ended Questions
- Can you tell me about your neighborhood?
Where are the Insurgents Located?
- Identify Leads.
- Use “SALUTE” to repeat information to necessary personnel.
- Ensure HET is AWARE of cooperative personnel.
Passive Human Collective
- Passive Collection
- Active Collection
Nothing is personal. Everything is business.